Finished the Denim Jean Table Runner!

Okay, folks.  It’s finished! 

 

I attached the binding today.

 

I used a technique for attaching bindings that is new to me from Sharon Schamber.  My Mom came across it through her Nolting Yahoo group.

 

The online demonstration is called: "Binding the Angel", you can click here to see it.

 

It’s a technique where you baste the binding onto the quilt entirely with washable glue prior to sewing.

 

I’ve been practicing with sewing my binding by machine versus finishing it via hand stitching.  This technique is the best way I’ve discovered to create a really straight, nice looking finished product!

 

I like it so much, that I’m going to get started binding my string quilt the same way!

 

Thanks Sharon (and Mom)!!


IMG_0219

IMG_0221

 

Look at that perfect miter!

IMG_0234

IMG_0232

 

 

Nothing but glue holding everything together here!  And nothing was stiff or sticky!

 

IMG_0236

 

I would have preferred to stitch in the ditch but live and learn.  I didn’t fold the binding over quite enough and would have missed parts of the binding by stitching in the ditch.  However, I was still quite happy with this finished result!   Very straight and neat.  And all my corners are perfectly mitered.

 

And NO pins!

IMG_0241

IMG_0238

 

Yeah!  I’m off to start binding the next quilt!!

 

Happy New Year!

 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...