Classes at the Long Beach Quilt Show 2009

Last summer my Mom and I went to the Long Beach Quilt show.  What a great show!  It's SO big.  It was impossible to see all of the booths and still walk through the quilt exhibits and also take classes in just a few day's time!! 

I took a Kaleidoscope class from Marti Mitchell.  This was the first time I have taken a class at a show and I had a great time!

I still haven't actually made one of these quilts but she showed us some very inspirational examples.   Here's an example...Marti is peeking out from the back of the quilt. 

She was a really nice lady.  Wouldn't it be fun to travel all over demonstrating your techniques at quilt classes?

I REALLY liked this quilt because it was "scrappy".  Scrap quilts are really growing on me.  I think it's because I have so much fabric!!


134

 

 Isn't it cool how it looks like there are circles in the quilt but there are only straight lines???  :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

While in Long Beach, I went on the show sponsored "Shop Hops".  How fun is that to be driven around a strange city and have the bus stop at quilt shops?  It was pretty cool!

While at a shop called "The Tall Mouse", I came across this darling store sample.  It was a table cloth made of a jelly roll and charm squares, all from the same line.  I just LOVED it.  It looks easy and is so pretty.

120

See how it's just the jelly roll strips that are grouped by color with coordinating charm squares around the edge for the border?  How cute is that!

121

 Wouldn't this be cute for any season?  Loved it!  And I love my "quilting travels"!!!

Take care!  Heather
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...