A Wreath from Hands!

Has anyone ever made a Holiday Wreath out of a child's hands?

This was a lot of fun!

I traced my nephew's hands onto fusible web backed fabric (8 times) and ironed them into a circle.  Then I added some red berries and a bow.  Instant quilt wreath!  
:)

I honestly can't remember where I got the idea.  I do know I didn't work off of a pattern. 


Instead of a traditional zig zag or a blanket stitch I used a crazy free motion stitch to fill in the wreath around the hands.


It was all sort of improvised but I was happy with the results!!!

Happy Quilting!

Oh, you probably can't tell but I'm posting this at 12:30 am.  I shouldn't have had that soda with dinner.  Whoops!  Too much caffeine late in the evening!!  :)

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...