St. Patrick’s Day Collars!

So, it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and I’ve made a large batch of collars to sell at two local stores.

Here’s what I started with, I chose three different fabrics.

 

IMG_0567

 

This is a fourth fabric that I found the other day.  I liked it so much I bought the rest of the bolt!!

 

IMG_0591

 

I like to have fabric variety but not so much that I can’t handle the volume of making several collars in each size and design. I find that three different prints seems to work well at least at this stage of the game.

I just can’t help but LOVE holiday themed collars! It’s so much fun to change my dogs’ collars with the seasons. I also make seasonal collars for my Mom’s dogs, my sister’s dogs and my in-law’s dog. They all have labs. So, each time I make collars to sell I have to make 7 extra collars just for the family dogs!!

Here’s my cuties…we just recently lost our baby Pearl to liver failure. She was born with a shunt and so she was just 4 years old when she died. She was just the most loving, loyal, sweetest dog ever. We miss her so much! She was a true gift.

 

             Sam                            PEARL!  We miss you!!

IMG_0437006

                   

                    Mo                                      Jack

IMG_0524IMG_0553

 

I know so many of us are dog lovers and it’s so hard when we lose one no matter how old they are.  Smile

_________________________________________________________

I finally got the St. Pat’s collars done and ready for the stores. I usually put tags on for one store and not the other (the owner’s preference). I’m afraid I got a bit carried away with this version of tags. I was trying to get a variety of dog breed examples on the tags but in doing so the tags got a bit LARGE.

 

IMG_0585

 

IMG_0571IMG_0572

 

IMG_0582

 

IMG_0592

 

I’m trying to think of a good name for my collar business. I started the business with “Dog Collars by Heather” and most recently I changed to “It’s a Dog Day”. I’m trying to decide whether I should keep that name or go with something new. I’m just not sure. But I want to find something and stick with it. It’s my intention to get a custom logo made and some tags for the collars.

Anyone have an opinion about the name?  Love the feedback!!  By the way, thanks so much for the wonderful feedback in the last post!  It’s so great to hear from other people who make collars and just the support from others is wonderful!

Anyway, I’m ready to move on from Saint Patrick’s Day and onto Easter! Here’s a preview of the Easter fabrics!

IMG_0596

 

3 comments:

  1. You ARE a clever girl! The collars are lovely and so professional looking. I have three doggies looking over my shoulder and turning green with envy :)
    Best wishes on growing your business and condolences on the loss of Pearl.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again. I've been an entrepreneur all my life and while thinking about your collar business, another idea might be to write a instruction pattern for the collars and sell it here on your blog.
    I have a house full of fabric so wouldn't be inclined to purchase a finished product, but I'd sure buy a pattern.
    Again, good luck!
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn, Thanks so much for the encouragement! I think you're onto something with the idea for the pattern. I really appreciate you giving this some thought. Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...