The T-Shirt Quilt Continues…


The “Christmas present” continues to develop.  Only nine more days until this quilt needs to be wrapped and under the tree.


It’s ready for the sashing strips.

The owner of Windy Moon Quilts here in Reno taught me how to fold a fabric square (see below) to make cutting strips easy and on the bias at the same time!

I don’t know about you but I find cutting bias strips a pain.  This is a great and fast method.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Windy Moon also carries a really nice line of flannel.  It’s super soft and comes in a great variety of plaids.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
 
As far as the colors of the sashing strips go, there were so many different colors of t-shirts in this quilt that there really wasn’t any way to choose  one color for a perfect match.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’ve used a similar plaid flannel before and I think it harmonized nicely with the variety of colors.  It’s not “matchy-matchy” but I think in this case it works just fine!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I was happy with the first row.  Looking good…
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Finally, all four rows done. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I think he’s REALLY gonna like this quilt!
On to the corner stones and getting these rows put together.
Almost there!
P9180071

Smile Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...