Sewing with Denim, the EBOOK!

[ File # csp6378240, License # 1304608 ]
Licensed through http://www.canstockphoto.com in accordance with the End User License Agreement (http://www.canstockphoto.com/legal.php)
(c) Can Stock Photo Inc. / bruno1998

I’ve spent a lot of time sewing with recycled denim jeans over the past year.  You may have seen my patterns using jeans;

  - the Denim Circle Rag Quilt,

  - the Denim Circle Rag Bag

  - the Pocket Pot Holders

 (if you haven’t seen them, check out my Etsy Shop!)


Just like anything else, with practice came awareness about what works and what doesn’t. 


As I continued to work with denim, I began to wonder if some of you might have the same concerns I originally had about what it takes to sew with such a unique fabric. 


Concerns such as:

-whether your sewing machine will work with the heavier weights and thicknesses associated with denim.

-being up for figuring out something completely new while working all on your own (intimidating!)

-quilting a heavy denim quilt under the arm of your sewing machine (too much bulk and too much weight!)

-how to keep the denim from stretching and getting the seams to line up properly!


On the other hand, I was sure some of you wanted to
:

-be more “eco-friendly” by using recycled fabrics

-find a way to use the stacks of family jeans carefully tucked away for the perfect project!




And, at the very least
, I figured there were some more Experienced individuals out there who might like to know some of the tricks I’ve discovered for making the whole process easier
!dorcas-sewing-machine-hi

 SO…I’ve written an Ebook- all about DENIM!

An eBook (electronic book for you to download) in which I share all of my knowledge related to working with denim (recycled or fresh from the bolt!). 

The best part is that it is absolutely FREE to you. 


I want you to feel confident in working with denim whether it be for pot holders, quilts or bags. 




What can you expect to see in this Ebook? 


1. How to make adjustments to your sewing machine that will accommodate the specific characteristics of denim i.e. proper stich length or foot pressure.  


2. The right kind of needles and why they make a difference. 


3. The most common pitfalls associated with denim and how to overcome them!


4. Why having a hammer on hand is VERY useful and what Spray Starch does to denim to make cutting a BREEZE!


5. Specific TIPS that I have personally learned over time to make your sewing SO MUCH easier!


Of course, there’s more…


And, as a special BONUS, I’ll include ideas for where you can go to replenish your supply of jeans.  Everything I know about getting jeans cheap or even FREE!

folded Jeans Clipart PAID 11_14_11 copyfolded Jeans Clipart PAID 11_14_11 copyfolded Jeans Clipart PAID 11_14_11 copy



I’m VERY excited about this book! 

Now, you can’t get it just yet, it’s just a few short days away from being released.   In addition, I’ll be offering sign ups for my brand new Newsletter as well.


I’m looking forward to getting this information out right away- so check back soon!


And THANK YOU for your continued support!


Heather  :)

 

 

 


4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your ebook. Thanks, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!

    I saw your submission on Eben's new launch. I had to check out your blog even though I'm not exactly the right prospect for you :)

    Very nice graphics you've got here. Have you thought of buying a "real" domain for yourself?

    That would definitely add the missing touch of professionalism into your blog :)

    Best regards,
    Arto
    http://impodium.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the Ebook.....I am soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...