The Panama Canal Quilt Cruise- Classes!

 

While on the quilt cruise, I took three different classes.  Two of the classes were more technique and the other was a class where I left with a finished quilt!

The first class was an exercise in embroidery.  The purpose of the class was to make a Victorian purse.  (See bottom left of photo-all items in this photo were made by the instructor, Kathy Kansier.)


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


I have little to no embroidery skills so this was a fun way to learn about how to make some traditional stitches by hand.  I can see where these skills could be valuable and I’m glad I learned them!

I didn’t finish my purse, there was just so much else going on!!  I did get some of it done…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA



I actually got more than this done, I don’t seem to have taken a more recent picture.  She included in our kits a fusible map of Panama since this was one of the ports on our trip.
 


The following photos depict the work of Kathy Kansier.


I really liked her embroidered journal covers.  I can certainly see myself making one of these!!


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


She brought some lovely crazy quilts.  Here I could really see the fun of using embroidery stitches.


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


And a heart…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

It was the trip of a lifetime.  More to come from my other classes!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...